I knew I wanted a creamy marinara sauce on tonight’s Meat and Cheese-Lover’s Pizza but I didn’t know how to get the desired results. I suspected mixing my Easy Marinara Sauce with my Alfredo Sauce would do the trick; however, I didn’t feel much like taking the time to make Alfredo Sauce. (Making a roux can be so cumbersome!) Instead I made this.
This very easy sauce was amazing. Even if you make the Easy Marinara Sauce and then add the heavy whipping cream (instead of having the marina sauce already made) you can have this sauce ready in less 20 minutes. I plan on tossing it with some pasta one night for dinner very soon.
- ½ c. Easy Marinara Sauce
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a small sauce pan mix above ingredients and cook over medium heat gently boiling for five or so minutes.
- Let stand to thicken slightly.
- Toss with your favorite pasta or use as a topping for pizza.