Enjoy tossed with your favorite shape of pasta! (If anyone can think of another use for this sauce, you’re more than welcome to weigh in on the subject.)
- 4 T. butter
- 4 to 8 cloves of garlic minced (depending on how much garlic you enjoy)
- 1 can chopped clams in their juice
- 1 can minced clams in their juice
- 1 c. white wine
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt (omit if you’re not big on salt)
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and saute for approximately 3 minutes or until you can see flecks of brown beginning to form.
- Add the clams in their juices and wine. Increase the heat to medium. Add the crushed red chili flakes and salt.
- Gently boil until liquid is reduced by at least half, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly before tossing with pasta.
I used a teaspoon of salt, which may have been too much. I’m sure the clams are salty enough without added salt. I would recommend using 1/2 teaspoon, or omit if you’re not big on salt. I love salt — so one teaspoon was fine for me. The crushed red chili flakes give the dish a small amount of heat. Omit if you don’t like spicy food. I love garlic, so I used eight cloves. Use less if you find garlic over-powering.