This recipe is an approximation as the cook was making it up as she went along. I arrived halfway through the cooking process and wasn’t able to visually document the entire process.
- 2 squash (my friend used one acorn squash and one of another variety with which she was not familiar)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Half large onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans chicken broth
- 2 T. fresh grated ginger
- 1 can coconut milk
- Heavy cream
- 2 tsp. sweet curry
- 1 tsp. Cardamom for fun
- 1 tsp. Turmeric for fun
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut squash in half and set on a cookie sheet, cut side up. Bake in a preheated oven 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool
- Chop carrots, onions, celery, garlic; sauté in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Remove meat of squash. Blend or food process squash with a little bit of chicken broth. Add chicken broth to pot of vegetables and puree vegetable mixture.
- Place all blended ingredients in pot. Add coconut milk and heavy cream, mix. Add seasonings. Heat thoroughly.
Serve immediately garnished with Curry Croutons.