My coworker divulged this tasty recipe for a cookie he had this past weekend.
“These rich fudgy cookies were a famous part of the picnic baskets prepared by the hundreds for visitors to Oakland Cemetery’s Sunday in the Park celebration each October. Fifteen minutes start to finish, you won’t find an easier addition for your picnic basket.”
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package Nestle dark chocolate, chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- In a large glass measuring cup or bowl, combine condensed milk, butter and chocolate chips.
- Heat in microwave for two minutes at medium power.
- Remove from microwave and stir.
- If not completely melted, heat for 30 seconds and stir again.
- Add flour and vanilla and stir until completely combined.
Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets, 24 cookies to a sheet. Bake for 7 minutes. Do not over-bake. Remove from oven and cool slightly on cookie sheet before moving to cooling rack.
“Adapted from a recipe in “Drop Dead Delicious” (Morris Press Cookbooks, $20)”