- 1 extra-large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 to 3 c. sifted powder sugar
- 2 sticks of butter at room temperature
- pinch of salt, optional
- Beat butter on medium high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla. Beat 3 more minutes.
- Turn mixture to low and gradually add powder sugar and salt.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Don’t whip!
- Spread immediately on the cooled cake, cookies or brownies.
You may have to adjust the amount of powdered sugar or salt to your taste. The recipe I’ve been using doesn’t call for salt. But I think salt makes everything taste better so I add it to everything. Even desserts and frostings!