This is a cool alternative to regular orange juice and is great for those who like to drink smoothies. I grew up on this breakfast drink, which my mom made on special occasions.
- 1 6-oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 juice can of water
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 egg (optional – I always add the egg)
- 12 large ice cubes
- In a blender add orange juice concentrate, water, milk, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and, if using, egg. Blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes. Blend again until ice cubes are broken into very small pieces or until desired consistency. Serve immediately.
- Note: if you don’t have a blender you can whisk the ingredients and pour over ice instead of blending.
If you’re not a fan of nutmeg you could omit this ingredient completely because the little bit added can be overpowering. (I love nutmeg and, therefore, love the flavor addition in this drink.)