Don’t be fooled by the name of this recipe – there’s nothing ganache-y about it. If you’re looking for a whipped chocolate frosting you’ve found the right place.
- 3 c. whipping cream
- 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped small
- Pour cream into 3-quart stainless bowl and place in refrigerator.
- Place chopped chocolate in a small bowl, place bowl over water bath and heat, stirring chocolate with spatula to just melt the chocolate (make sure you don’t get any water in the bowl or the chocolate will seize up)
- Immediately take cream out of the refrigerator and whip with wire whisk to medium firm peaks. Take spatula and quickly scrape melted chocolate into the whipped cream bowl and very rapidly fold chocolate and cream together to get a homogenous light ganache. If you don’t mix fast enough you’ll end up with cream and tiny chocolate chips – not quite smooth but still tasty and usable.
- Use immediately to frost cake. If the frosting looks too thin, put in the fridge for a minute or two and let it set. Don’t leave in two long or the frosting will become unspreadable.
Recipe rating: 1/2