These ‘noodles’ are what we refer to in my family as ‘dumplings’ and go well in soup (like chicken soup) or with a beef roast. These specific ‘noodles’ were made to accompany Chicken Paprikash. Very easy and fast to make!
- 4 eggs
- 1 to 1 1/2 c. flour (enough to make a thick paste with egg)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 T. chicken soup base
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- Mix the eggs, flour, salt and pepper into a thick paste.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken soup base and parsley. Drop the noodled paste by teaspoon into the boiling water. Noodles will sink to the bottom but float to the top when done.
- Serve with butter, if desired.