I whipped up an un-frosted double batch version of these brownies tonight using half black onyx cocoa (half regular) and cake flour. Then I took a heart-shaped cookie cutter to them and went at it. Cute, right? Aww.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
Paired with Buttercream Frosting, these brownies will hit the spot if you’re craving red velvet cake but don’t have a reason or desire to make an entire cake.
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter
- 2 T. corn syrup
- 1/3 c. good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 3 tsp. red food coloring
- 1/2 c. flour
- Arrange a shelf in the center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8x2 inch pan with heavy-duty tinfoil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a heavy-bottom medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Heat until bubbles come up around the edge of the pan. Stir in corn syrup. Remove from heat. Stir in cocoa. Stir in salt, vanilla and sugar. Stir in egg and egg yolks until well blended. Stir in flour and…
View original post 72 more words