I bought two pounds of asparagus the other day with no real plans of what to do with it, which is really odd. I almost never buy perishable foods without a plan in mind. I also bought a huge tub of mixed greens to make salad so I thought I would try to find another asparagus salad recipe since the last couple of ones I made were so delicious.
So I found a super delicious looking salad recipe at Dolly and Oatmeal that inspired my recipe below. It involved soft boiled eggs. So good! I’ve never made soft boiled eggs on purpose before, but I have accidentally made them when I really needed hard boiled eggs.
Originally I roasted the asparagus with balsamic and olive oil. I decided to omit the balsamic from the recipe below because I felt as though it did not pair well with balsamic vinaigrette, oddly.
- 1 bunch asparagus (roughly 8oz), woody ends snapped off and sliced into 1 1/2-inches pieces on a diagonal
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- course sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ c. crumbled blue cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large handfuls mixed greens
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a baking dish, toss together asparagus and 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Prepare an ice bath, set aside. Fill a small pot 3/4 of the way with water and bring to a boil; gently lower eggs into the water and let it come back to a boil. Boil eggs for 7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer eggs to the ice bath. Let eggs cool for at least 5 minutes. Roll the eggs on a hard surface to crack the shell, rinse eggs and slice in half.
- In a large serving bowl, toss greens a small amount of balsamic vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the salad roasted asparagus, blue cheese, and sliced eggs. Serve warm.