I made this dish last year for a bake-sale fundraiser at work. It’s really simple and everyone loves it. I used a larger dish and doubled the original recipe for my own recipe below.
- 2 cups light corn syrup, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 cups peanut butter, divided
- 12 cups Rice Krispies®
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 3 cups butterscotch chips
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups®
- Place 1 c. corn syrup and 1 c. sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 c. peanut butter. Mix well. Add 6 c. KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into 15 x 11 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt 1 c. chocolate and 1. c butterscotch chips together in a 2 c. measuring glass on high in the microwave for 60 seconds. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm.
- Crush 8 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and sprinkle on top chocolate.
- Repeat step 1, layering over the chocolate layer.
- Repeat step 2 using 1 package each of chocolate and butterscotch chips (use bigger microwavable bowl).
- Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars when cool.
The Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups melt when you add the second layer so that when you finally cut into the finished product, you can’t tell there’s a secret ingredient in there (Shhhhhh!). But you can sure taste it!
(*Note: If you have room in the freezer, put these in the freezer right after pouring the chocolate on top. It will help chill them faster so you can try them sooner.)