Another recipe to use up that damned never-ending bottle of whiskey. Any dish that comes in a cream sauce is gold star in my book! The whiskey boils out of this light cream sauce; perfect sauce if you’re looking for something not quite so heavy as an Alfredo sauce.
- 1 + 2 T. butter
- 2 T. flour
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. whiskey
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a pot over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter for about 3 minutes or until soft. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and flour, whisk until smooth.
- Then add the whiskey and chicken stock.
- Whisk and raise heat. Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Allow the sauce to reduce down to a thin gravy-like consistency. Then lower the heat to medium-low and add the cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Use for one pound of cooked pasta.