Rosemary Olive Oil bread is by far my favorite kind of bread. So what better kind of croutons to turn stale American-Style White Bread into?
- 1/2 loaf of several days old American-Style White Bread (or any other stale basic bread you have lying around the house)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 T. dried Rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a bread knife, cut the bread into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch cubes. If you prefer larger or smaller croutons, make your cuts accordingly–just be sure to make your cuts as similarly as possible to help them bake evenly.
- Toss bread cubes with olive oil in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag to lightly coat.
- Add salt and herbs.
- Once cubes are evenly and lightly coated, pour bread onto a baking pan lined with aluminum foil (for easy clean-up).
- Bake bread in oven for 30-45 minutes until bread is golden and very crunchy. Toss cubes several times during baking.
Try another crouton recipe here.