This recipe came about as an accident as after making the Peanut Butter Brown Butter Cookies, I felt as though I didn’t have enough to take to work. I needed to make more. However, I didn’t have enough processed peanut butter in the house. Instead I substituted organic natural peanut butter and unintentionally omitted the powdered sugar listed below. (I tend to have a problem with unintentionally omitting an ingredient whenever I double the recipe. Whoops!)
- 4 sticks butter
- 2 c. natural peanut butter
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 T. vanilla
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two baking sheets and set aside.
- In a medium-size pan, heat butter over medium-low heat, swirling the butter in the pan over the heat.
- Cook the butter continuing to swirl the butter around in the pan. The butter will foam and then slowly settle. The butter should be turning a golden color and you’ll see specks of brown forming. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in the brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Allow liquids to cool to room temperature then add the eggs, whisking to combine.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Add liquids to the flour and mix well. Add peanut butter chips and stir until well combined.
- Using a small spoon or scooper, scoop out the dough and place cookies about one inch apart on the greased baking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes or until the cookies are light brown. Set on wire racks to cool.