Craving a hearty soup to go with the croutons I made last night, I experimented and came up with this recipe:
- 3 c. Cannellini beans
- 12 c. chicken stock
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 T. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 1 c. arborio rice
- Rosemary Olive Oil Croutons, for garnish
- Soak the beans in cold water overnight. Drain and rinse. In a large soup pot boil chicken stock and add the beans, garlic cloves, onion powder, white pepper, bay leaves and Oregano. Turn down to a low simmer and simmer for 2 hours.
- Place a colander over a fresh soup pot and drain the stock into the fresh pot. Remove the bay leaves and blend the beans in a food processor with approximately 1 cup of the stock.
- Place the rest of the chicken stock back on the stove and return to a boil. Add the rice and reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 25 minutes. Add the bean and garlic puree.
- Serve garnished with Rosemary Olive Oil Croutons.