It takes a S’mores lover to really love this recipe, and although I like S’mores; I’m not sure I love them. This recipe would have been great but the directions did not specify to chop the graham crackers into a fine crumb (which you should!). Mine fell apart too easily.
- 18 graham crackers (2/3 box), crushed into a fine crumb
- 2 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 T. butter
- 6 Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- Combine crackers and cereal in a large bowl.
- Cook corn syrup and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until mixture comes to a boil around the edges, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour syrup over cereal mixture and stir to coat completely. Transfer to a greased 13×9-inch glass baking dish. Press firmly to level.
- Place chocolate bars in a single layer over graham crackers layer. Sprinkle with marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes or until marshmallows puff and begin to turn brown. Refrigerate until one hour or until firm. Cut into squares.