This recipe was sent to me by Dad – it was in a newsletter he subscribes to for healthy recipes. Both Dad and Sis loved it. I found the cakes a little watery or rubbery – like they could have been baked longer, perhaps. The flavor, however, was good.
- 12 oz fresh spinach,
- 1/2 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add ricotta (or cottage cheese), Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Coat 6 Texas-sized muffin cups with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among the 6 cups.
- Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate. Serve warm, sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.
these cakes look delish and easy to make. i’ll have to try this recipe out this weekend!
Let me know how they turn out!