This recipe was sent to me by Dad – it was in a newsletter he subscribes to for healthy recipes. Both Dad and Sis loved it. I found the cakes a little watery or rubbery – like they could have been baked longer, perhaps. The flavor, however, was good.
- 12 oz fresh spinach,
- 1/2 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add ricotta (or cottage cheese), Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Coat 6 Texas-sized muffin cups with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among the 6 cups.
- Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate. Serve warm, sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.