Shredded chicken, mozzarella and blue cheeses, and red onion in a buffalo sauce ‘gravy’. If you’ve ever had Buffalo Blasts from The Cheesecake Factory or if you really love Buffalo wings, you’ll love this pot pie.
- six drumsticks
- 1 T. crushed red chili flakes
- 1 T. Franks Buffalo Sauce, plus additional for garnish
- 2 T. Srirach Hot Chili Sauce
- 1/2 recipe Homemade Garlic Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 recipe Blue Cornmeal Pie Dough
- 1/3 to 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Place drumsticks in a medium-sized pot and fill with water until drumsticks are completely covered by a good inch or so. Add red chili flakes, Franks buffalo sauce and hot chili sauce to the water. Bring water to a boil and then let simmer for one to two hours, or until meat is falling off the bone.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Homemade Garlic Buffalo Sauce as well as your Blue Cornmeal Pie Dough. Once your chicken has cooled, shred it using two forks to pull the meat apart. Mix with buffalo sauce. Add onion and cheeses (reserve some of the mozzarella cheese for the top) and stir until combined.
- Pack mixture into prepared crusts and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Drizzle the cheese with a tiny bit of buffalo sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until cheese has browned and is bubbling. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
I love buffalo wings so any recipe that’s derived of its basic ingredients is going to be one that I enjoy. I was worried there would be too much buffalo sauce in this dish, but it was the perfect amount. Moist, melt-in-your mouth shredded chicken drenched in buffalo sauce and coddled in a pie crust – it doesn’t get much better than that. I had two pies for dinner. I wouldn’t recommend anyone eating two in one sitting!