I don’t remember a lot about this dish other than I loved the flavor but hated the gnocchi (Gaylord and I had not yet perfected making gnocchi when we tried out this sauce).
- Potato Gnocchi
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 T. fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c. shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- Cook the butter in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the thyme leaves. Set aside.
- Cook the gnocchi in a large pot of boiling salted water until the gnocchi rise to the surface, about 1 minute. Continue cooking until the gnocchi are tender, about 4 minutes longer. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the gnocchi to the hot thyme-butter in the skillet. Toss to coat.
- Spoon the gnocchi and butter sauce into shallow bowls. Top with the cheese and serve.
Once you’ve mastered making gnocchi you can boil it up and toss it in your favorite sauce (like the one listed above). Or fry it up in a pan with some butter to get a crispy, brown coating.