Last weekend I made Artichoke Dip for my friend Jenna’s holiday party. (Yes, it was a hit and at work on Monday Jenna asked me for the recipe — because everyone wanted it!) My favorite thing to do with leftover Artichoke Dip is to make a Panini. Last time I did this I went vegetarian. But sometimes a girl needs a little bacon in her life. This is what I’ve been eating for dinner all week.
- French or Italian bread (or any other kind of artisan bread)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- cooked bacon strips
- 2 T. leftover Artichoke Dip
- Roasted Garlic Mayo
- Heat the leftover artichoke dip in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
- Slice bread approximately 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick. Butter one side of each slice of bread. On the other side spread with mayo. One one slice of bread (mayo side) sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, top with artichoke dip and layer with bacon (two or three slices). Top the bacon with additional mozzarella cheese and place the other slice of bread (butter side up) on top.
- Using a Panini press or George Foreman grill, heat until bread has browned and cheese is melted.
- Cut in half and eat immediately.