The only way to improve upon a classic (and favorite!) family Christmas cookie? Use brown butter in place of melted (regular) butter.
- 1 1/2 c. butter, browned
- 1 box graham crackers, crushed with a rolling-pin
- 2 14-oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 c. butterscotch flavored chips
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 c. flaked coconut
- 2 c. chopped walnut
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Place the butter in a 15×11-inch glass baking dish and melt over medium-low heat on two of the burners on your stove. Cook the butter while rotating the glass dish (if feasibly possible) in order to swirl the butter around in the pan. The butter will foam and then slowly settle. The butter should be turning a golden color and you’ll see specks of brown forming. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter and pat down into the dish. Pour one can of condensed milk evenly on top of crumbs.
- Top with remaining ingredients in order listed; press down firmly with fork. Drizzle second can of condensed milk across the top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Chill if desired. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.