A mildly cream cheesy frosting fit for frosting your favorite cake, cupcakes, brownies or cookies. I paired mine with red velvet brownies. Omit the salt if you want your frosting super-sweet.
- 8 T. butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 2 to 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (optional)
- Melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl in a simmering pan of water. (Or melt in the microwave at 30 second bursts until just melted – about 60 seconds depending on the strength of your microwave.) Stir until just melted and set aside. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat butter and cream cheese on medium high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla. Beat 3 more minutes. Turn mixture to low and gradually add powder sugar and salt. Beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- On low-speed, add the chocolate to the mixture and mix until blended. Don’t whip! Spread immediately on the cooled cake, cookies or brownies.