I’d never heard of a pesto quesadilla before until I ate at the Iron Horse Restaurant just down the road from where I live in Sellwood. When one of the bosses at work found out I live in Sellwood she raved and raved about Iron Horse and their pesto quesadilla. Subsequently I sped to Iron Horse in order to try this famed quesadilla. I have to say I was slightly underwhelmed. I made a better one at home tonight.
- flour tortillas
- skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Cilantro-Basil Cashew Pesto
- White cheese, shredded (I used provolone)
- Slice chicken breast and saute until done.
- In a skillet place one tortilla and spread with pesto sauce. Top with shredded cheese and cooked chicken slices. Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and remove from heat.
- Add the second tortilla to the skillet and spread with pesto sauce. Top with shredded cheese. Flip the already cooked tortilla over (chicken and cheese side down) and place on top of the second tortilla. Cook until cheese is melted. Cut into quarters and enjoy!