Every once in a while I gravitate toward a recipe slightly healthier than what I normally cook/eat. This is usually when my dad is in town. Because we would be eating such a heavy Christmas dinner, I wanted to make something light for breakfast. My dad loved it! You could make this dish for a large group of people or make it on Sunday and reheat for breakfast the rest of the week.
- 8 egg whites plus 5 large eggs (or 9 eggs)
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 2 c. shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 package 10 oz. frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the three cheeses and stir to combine well. Stir in spinach. Pour mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. If desired top with additional shredded Gruyère cheese. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until eggs are cooked through. Cool slightly before cutting into squares.