I’ve had it roasted with crushed red chili flakes as well as the below recipe. Both are good! I’ve found the key to “roasting” vegetables is to burn the crap out of them. It makes them really crispy and almost tricks your mind into thinking you’re eating something really bad for yourself (like potato chips) when you’re really eating your veggies. Not that I have any problem with filling my mouth with potato chips, but some people do.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and coarsely minced
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut cauliflower into florets and put in a single layer in an oven-proof baking dish. Toss in the garlic. Sprinkle lemon juice over cauliflower and drizzle each piece with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (Alternatively, dump everything in a Ziploc bag, close and shake to evenly distribute.)
- Place pan in the hot oven, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower reaches desired doneness. (You may want to toss a few times with a spatula.) Fork tines should be able to easily pierce the cauliflower. Remove from oven and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese (optional). Serve immediately.