My mom sent me this recipe and though it’s far from traditional enchiladas, these really are amazing: rich and heavy with sauce and cheese, one enchilada will sustain you for hours. I decided we would make these for dinner tonight because Kiki saw the picture in my gallery and thought they looked good. These are super easy and super fast to make.
* Prep 10 minutes * Bake 40 minutes * Serves 6 *
- 1 10-¾-oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. salsa
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 c. chopped cooked leftover chicken
- 2 c. shredded Monterey jack Cheese, divided equally
- 6 flour tortillas (6”) warmed
- 1 small tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1 green onion, sliced (optional)
- Lettuce chopped to sprinkle over Enchilada when eating (optional)
- Stir soup, sour cream, salsa and chili powder in medium bowl.
- Stir 1 cup salsa mixture, chicken, and cheese in large bowl.
- Divide chicken mixture among tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam side up in a 2 qt. shallow baking dish.
- Pour remaining salsa sauce mixture over filled tortillas.
- Sprinkle more shredded cheese on top. Cover baking dish with tin foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbling. (Remove tin foil after 30 minutes so cheese melts better.)
- Top with tomato, lettuce, and onion and extra sour cream if desired.
I normally bake this dish in a glass pan. If you’re using a dark nonstick pan like the one we used in the above pictures add five more minutes to the overall cooking time. The beauty part about this dish is you can make it any flavor you want with the kind of salsa you use. My favorite combo is using mild green salsa and spicing it up with a few drops of green Habanero hot sauce. Delish!
It must have been good because Colton had seconds, and Kiki says Colton almost never eats seconds!
Note: These taste even better warmed over the next day.
Reblogged this on Le Food Snob and commented:
I roasted two whole chickens for my diabetic dog and he turned up his nose at the meat. Hmph. What do do with all that cooked chicken? Got it. Re-make an old blog post and update the recipe and pics. Winner!
1 can (10-3/4 oz) Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
1 c. salsa
1 T. minced garlic
2 tsp. chili powder
2 c. chopped cooked chicken
2 c. shredded Monterey jack Cheese, divided equally
8 flour tortillas (6”) warmed
pico de gallo (for garnish)
diced avocado (for garnish)
cilantro (for garnish)
sour cream (for garnish)