This pot pie was made with turkey stew leftovers and drop biscuits modeled after the ones you get at Red Lobster. (I don’t really like the food at Red Lobster other than the biscuits — those are amazing.) Sis and I had no idea what to do with all the leftover turkey stew from last night, so I suggested making a pot pie. (We had considered using the leftover frozen turkey to make a pot pie last night before we settled on the stew.) I didn’t feel like making pie crust (too time consuming), so I opted for drop biscuits baked on top the stew.
It turned out good except the biscuits were slightly under-baked. I adjusted the baking time accordingly in the recipe below.
* Serves 2 to 4 *
- 2 c. After-Thanksgiving-Day Stew
- 1 recipe garlic cheddar drop biscuits
- Reheat the turkey stew on the stove on low until the stew is warm, not hot. (It will heat when you place the dish in the oven.)
- Place the turkey stew in a one-quart square baking dish. Drop nine biscuits on top the stew in rows of threes. (Bake any leftover biscuits on a cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the biscuits are light golden brown. Brush the butter mixture over the biscuits.
Miss you on facebook 😦