When I lived with Kiki and Colton last autumn, Kiki showed me how to roast garlic for our Roasted Garlic Veggie Foccacia Pizza. I forgot how easy it was to make.
- bulb of garlic
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin but leave the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off the tips of the cloves.
- Place the garlic heads (cut side down) in a small dish filled with olive oil. Let the olive oil soak into the garlic bulbs for a few minutes. Then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400°F for 40-45 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Allow the garlic to cool enough so that you can touch it. Use your fingers to push the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.
- Eat as is, if you’re daring. Otherwise use on pizza, in a bread recipe, in a pasta dish or anywhere else you would use regular garlic. (I roasted a bulb specifically for Roasted Garlic White Bean Hummus.)