This rub recipe is adapted from a recipe Grandma Mo sent me for Garlic Pork Shoulder. Pulling the oregano and parsley from their stems is a little putzy otherwise this recipe could be thrown together in a snap.
- 2 garlic heads, separated and peeled
- 1/2 T. kosher salt
- 1 T. whole black peppercorns
- 2 to 3 c. loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 to 1 c. loosely packed parsley leaves
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 T. white wine vinegar
- Place garlic, salt, peppercorns and oregano in a food processor. Process until garlic is chopped.
- Add olive oil and vinegar and process to form a thick paste.
- Spread over meat such as Pork Butt.
I knew this rub would taste great because of its strong garlic and oregano smell as I rubbed it on my pork shoulder.