It’s been awhile since I’ve made my own fresh salsa. The last fresh salsa I ate was a Christmas gift – two Christmases ago! – from an old coworker. Don’t be fooled from the pink color of the salsa – there’s nothing girly about this recipe. It’s packed with a ton of fresh flavor and spice. (Tiny white bubbles appear when you process the ingredients which in turn gives the salsa a ‘pink’ tint.)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, finally chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T. hot sauce
- 1 T. salt
- 1 Serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 2 small limes, juiced
- additional salt and white pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Makes approximately 1 1/2 to 2 cups.