This recipe is useful when you have too much leftover dessert bread and don’t know what to do with all of it. (As I did this morning.)
- three slices of leftover dessert bread such as strawberry banana, zucchini banana, etc.
- one egg
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. sugar
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, cream and sugar. Pour into a shallow dish such as a pie dish. Soak the bread for a few minutes on each side. While your bread is soaking heat a medium-sized pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Spray your pan with cooking spray or melt a dollop of butter or vegetable shortening in the pan. Transfer the bread to the pan. Cook each side until the bread is a golden brown.
- If you get weird when it comes to uncooked eggs, flip the pieces of bread on all four edges for a few seconds to brown all sides of the bread.
- Serve with butter and sugar or powdered sugar or maple syrup.