While I was molding the cookie dough around the Hershey’s kisses I had the incredible feeling that I’ve made these cookies before. Close! These cookies are a slight variation from the Chocolate Drop Cookies I made recently.
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 60 milk chocolate Hershey’s kisses
- 2 oz vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vegetable shortening
- Combine semisweet chocolate chips and butter in a medium saucepan; cook and stir over very low heat until chips are melted and smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk; mix well.
- Add flour and vanilla to chocolate mixture. Mix well. Shape one tablespoon of dough around each candy kiss covering completely. Shape into balls. Place one inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes. Cookies will be soft and appear shiny but get firm as they cool. Do not overbake. Remove from cookie sheets and cool.
- Combine white chocolate chips and vegetable. Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until white chocolate chips have melted. Drizzle over cookies.
To ‘drizzle’ the melted white chocolate chips, arrange the cookies as close together as possible on a baking sheet covered with wax paper or parchment paper. Dip a spoon in the melted white chocolate and then rapidly shake the spoon back and forth over the cookies so that the sauce is flung in thin streaks across the cookies.