My sister made something similar to this before – I had no idea it was considered bruschetta.
- 1 small loaf of your favorite artisan bread
- 1 or 2 heads of garlic, cut in 1/2 crosswise – roasted
- extra-virgin olive oil*
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Roast the head of garlic and set aside.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting. Place a rack approximately 6 inches from broiler.
- Slice the loaf of bread, on the bias, into 3/4-inch slices. Place bread in oven and broil until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2 minutes for the first side and 1 to 1 1/2 for second side.
- Remove to a platter and rub each slice of bread with the roasted garlic and then brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese and serve immediately.