My obsession with pancakes continues. I got the idea for these pancakes when my coworker sent me a link for a recipe for brown butter snickerdoodle cookies (which I also plan to try soon!). These pancakes may be the best pancakes I’ve ever made – and I’m not even a huge fan of snickerdoodle. Might I suggest you trying them for a special Christmas breakfast? I might. No, actually – I do suggest you make them. You won’t be disappointed!
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 c. plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 T. butter, melted
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Warm Vanilla Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet on the stove top. Spray with cooking spray or grease with a little extra butter. Ladle out 1/4 cup of pancake batter at a time, and cook about 1 min on each side, flipping each pancake midway through. Repeat about eight times, until batter is gone.
- Mix remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Dot pancake with pieces of butter and gently spread melted butter all over pancake, to edges. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and sugar. Stack pancakes and serve with Warm Vanilla Sauce.
You’re probably going to want to top your pancakes with additional butter after snickerdoodlizing them as adding the cinnamon sugar will seemingly ‘dry out’ the pancakes. If you’re trying to save some calories, go ahead and skip the additional butter. My guess is if you’re making snickerdoodle pancakes … you’re probably not worried about saving calories.