I have some leftover breaded chicken in the fridge that needs to be used and not a lot of other ingredients to go with it. During the brief time that I lived in the Phoenix area in 2010, my friend Kiki and I used to make sandwiches similar like this for lunch on nearly a daily basis.
- leftover breaded chicken breast, cubed
- shredded cheese
- tortillas or wraps
- tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, onion (optional)
- ranch dressing (or your favorite flavor sauce) or mayo (optional)
- Fry three pieces of bacon until desired doneness. Reheat your chicken breast in a pan on the stove over medium heat using some of the leftover bacon grease until chicken and breading are crisp.
- Warm your tortilla or wrap in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds. Place the ingredients in the middle of the wrap toward one edge. Fold in the ends toward the filling then, starting at the end nearest the filling, fold the end over the filling and roll toward the remaining end of the tortilla. Make sure to let rest so that the seam is down.
- To make the sandwich all melty and warm, stick it in a Panini press for a few minutes. Cut in half and enjoy!