This week I purchased a package of spinach, a package of arugula and a package of romaine lettuce with really nothing in mind with what to do with any of them besides the arugula. I intended to and succeeded in recreating a salad my sister made over Christmas. I’m not sure about you but I can’t eat the same salad over and over. It bores me.
So I took to Pinterest and the internet in order to find some inspiration and found a recipe for The Most BOSS Salad of All Time. It was comprised of arugula, roasted asparagus, cucumber ribbons (so cool looking!), cucumber and feta cheese. It was pretty darn good looking. So I decided to take similar ingredients and add to it other ingredients on hand and hopefully come up with the second most BOSS salad of all time. Personally, I think it worked. It’s maybe even more than the most BOSS salad of all time but probably only because it has bacon in it. And blue cheese.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends snapped off, and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 hot house cucumber, sliced thin (I used a mandolin)
- arugula, washed, rinsed and dried
- blue cheese crumbles
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- balsamic vinaigrette
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place asparagus halves in a ziplock bag with the olive oil and shake a bit to distribute. Place on a baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, begin assembling your salad. In a large bowl or plate place the arugula. Top with cucumber, bacon, blue cheese and roasted asparagus. Season with fresh cracked pepper, if desired, and drizzle with salad dressing according to your taste.
This salad was soooo good. I never thought to add asparagus to a salad but after eating this salad I wanted to add it to every salad going forward! OK that might be a bit much, but I wouldn’t hesitate to add it to another salad in the near future.