- 1 lb. pork sausage browned
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- 1/2 c. butter or oleo
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Sage and Onion Dressing Mix (8-12 cups)
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 c. Potato flakes
- 2 14 oz. cans chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 c. water
- Put onion, celery, and butter in kettle. Add water to kettle (enough water to barely cover but not over the celery and onion)
- Cook about 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to onion, celery mixture.
- Toss 1 large package sage and onion (Pepperidge Farm if you can find it) dressing mix (breadcrumbs, not fine dressing mix) with cooked onion and celery mix.
- Add 1/2 cup potato flakes, 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning (optional).
- Mix all together. When ready to cook add 2 cans chicken broth and 1 cup water.
- Mix all together.
- Bake on High in Crockpot for 1 hour, then turn on low for 3/4 hour. Do not lift the lid until done.
A note from my mom: “I added some juice or gravy from the turkey to make it more moist after it was done.”
Even as leftovers this dish was amazing. I wonder how good it is when it first comes out of the crockpot.