Have I mentioned I’m obsessed with brown butter cookies? If you’ve been religiously reading my posts (Nicole) you would know that I am. If you’re stumbling upon my web site for the first time, I’ll give you one piece of advice that will make your life so much better: try one of my brown butter cookie recipes. They will change your life.
Peanut butter and butterscotch make a great combo — especially in a brown butter cookie.
- 4 sticks butter
- 2 c. natural peanut butter
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 T. vanilla
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two baking sheets and set aside.
- In a medium-size pan, heat butter over medium-low heat, swirling the butter in the pan over the heat.
- Cook the butter continuing to swirl the butter around in the pan. The butter will foam and then slowly settle. The butter should be turning a golden color and you’ll see specks of brown forming. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in the brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Allow liquids to cool to room temperature then add the eggs, whisking to combine.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Add liquids to the flour and mix well. Add peanut butter chips and stir until well combined.
- Using a small spoon or scooper, scoop out the dough and place cookies about one inch apart on the greased baking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes or until the cookies are light brown. Set on wire racks to cool.