This may be hard to believe but until today I’ve never before had an egg white omelet. Weird, right? I guess I’ve never felt the need to have an omelet without egg yolk. That and I very rarely eat omelets anyway, I suppose.
- 5 egg whites
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Mexican cheese
- fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour lightly beaten egg whites into the pan. Sprinkle with tomatoes, then cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until egg begins to bubble and cheese melts. The egg whites may still be slightly runny.
- Fold half of the egg over so that the outside edges are touching and the egg isin the shape of a half-moon. Let one side cook for a minute or so until the egg browns a bit more. Then flip over and let the other side brown.
- Remove from the pan by sliding the omelet out of the pan onto your plate. Open the omelet and sprinkle some diced avocado inside. Sprinkle the outside of the omelet with shredded Mexican cheese. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
This omelet was as tasty as any other full-yolk omelet I’ve previously had. I hardly even noticed there wasn’t any yolk in my omelet.