When I lived in Portland, Ore., I worked out in the suburbs. There wasn’t much around us in the way of food in the immediate vicinity. There was an awesome coffee shop, a Subway, a conveyor belt sushi restaurant and a restaurant called Cafe Yumm. Cafe Yumm was popular with many of my coworkers but I only ate their once simply because I almost never went out to eat for lunch during the work week. I still don’t. I think it’s a colossal waste of time and, more importantly, money. I did thoroughly enjoy the bowl I had their, which was comprised of brown rice and chicken (with other ingredients I fail to remember) and was topped with their famous Yumm sauce. No clue what’s in the Yumm sauce but it was slightly reddish or pinkish in color and just tasted GOOD. You wanted Yumm sauce on your bowl. Everyone got the Yumm sauce. I think they even sold the Yumm sauce in bottles.
So today I was trying to come up with a healthy lunch. I found some pork loin on sale at the grocery store and I had brown rice in the back of my mind. I wanted some sort of stir-fry like dish … or maybe a Mexican rice bowl. I couldn’t decide. So I decided to combine the two. The below recipe makes one bowl; multiply the ingredients if you are serving more.
- ½ c. cooked brown or wild rice (mine was a combination)
- 3 oz. cooked, sliced pork loin, fat trimmed off
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 c. fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ small avocado, diced
- ½ T. Sriracha Mayo (mix low-fat may with sriracha sauce and lime juice to taste; it should be a bit runny in texture)
- In a Wok or medium-sized saute pan over medium heat add the avocado oil, sriracha and soy sauces. Stir to combine.
- Add pork and rice and stir until heated through. Add spinach and stir until spinach has wilted.
- Top with avocado and sriracha mayo. You could also top with cilantro, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, etc. Really whatever your heart desires.
This dish is spicy, light and satisfying and clocks in at just over 300 calories, if my calculations are correct.
what happened to the post? it says not found. ~~~~~~~~A man can live in a boiler factory, or in a cubist art gallery, but he cannot live in a room containing hydrogen sulfide.Creative Chemistry, 1921~~~~~~~~
I want to try this!