In my opinion, iceberg lettuce gets a bad rap. I mean sure it’s supposed to be nearly nutritionally devoid, but yet it tastes so good. And it reminds me of my youth. As does romaine lettuce.
So iceberg lettuce clearly has its place and one of those places is in a wedge salad. This recipe pairs crisp wedges of iceberg lettuce with crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles. All of that jazz is topped with a creamy homemade blue cheese dressing. The best part is that when you throw all the ingredients together you have about the simplest dinner or starter salad you can imagine.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters
- Blue cheese dressing
- cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- ½ c. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 c. cooked bacon, crumbled
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Arrange the wedges of lettuce on a serving platter or place each wedge on a salad plate.
- Pour blue cheese dressing on each wedge. Sprinkle evenly with tomatoes, blue cheese and bacon. Garnish with fresh ground black pepper, if desired. Eat immediately.