If you’re all carbed out after Thanksgiving or have had enough of eating leftovers or even just live the Keto or low-carb lifestyle, this breakfast is for you. This breakfast has 0 carbs and only 450 calories but will keep you full for hours. Bonus: it’s super simple to make, especially if you have cooked bacon on hand, which I often do.
The ingredients list below is per serving so multiply by the number of people you’re serving if you’re serving more than just yourself. All you need is two ingredients and a standard sized muffin tin to make this breakfast. Because I had the bacon precooked, it took less than 20 minutes start to finish to make this breakfast.
- 4 slices bacon already cooked to the point of being done but still pliable
- 3 eggs
- Cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- If not using a non stick muffin tin, spray each cup you plan on using with cooking spray. Fill the remaining cups with a small amount of water.
- Wrap bacon around inside of a cup and place a piece of bacon on the bottom of the cup. I used less than 4 pieces to cobble together 3 cups and ate the remaining half I had leftover. I probably could have used it all in the cups had I tried harder.
- Crack an egg in each bacon cup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cool for 12 minutes, remove from oven (eggs will appear still jiggly but should be white on top) and allow to set for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gently remove egg cups from the tin and eat immediately.
This is meant to be something you can eat directly with your hands. The yolks will still be runny but not thin runny. Fair warning the egg cups will be messy to eat! If you insist on being all civilized and eating with a fork that is an option too.
The bacon on the bottom seemed to get a bit soggy perhaps in absorbing the egg as it cooked. All-in-all, this was a good, filling carb-free breakfast.