This pasta dish combines my two favorite sauces: pesto and cream (alfredo). It’s very rich (and fattening – if you’re counting calories) so a little bit goes a long way, which is why I feel it makes an excellent side dish.
- 16 oz of pasta cooked according to directions
- 1 recipe Pistachio Basil Pesto Sauce
- 1 1/2 c. whipping cream
- salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan heat whipping cream over medium-low heat until hot.
- Toss just-cooked pasta with pesto sauce in a large pot. Salt, if necessary. Pour warm whipping cream over past and toss again.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
I used my leftover pesto pasta from last night to make this dish, though the directions have been written as if you’re making it all in one step. When I poured the whipping cream into the (re)heated pesto pasta, there appeared to be way too much cream. Moments later the cream was absorbed into the noodles completely. I couldn’t stop eating this pasta dish. Dad gave it highest accolades as well.